(Associate Professor; Ph. D)
PhoneTel(Office):886-4-2473-0022 ext 11808
Interests in Research
Our research focuses on exploring the mechanisms of action of resveratrol derivatives against breast cancer cell proliferation, metastasis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. We found that resveratrol structural derivatives, 3,5,3,4,5'-pentamethoxystilbene, were able to inhibit cell cycle progression of human breast cancer cell line MCF-7, and also demonstrated that another resveratrol structural analogue, 3,5,4'-trimethoxystilbene, inhibited epithelial-mesenchymal transition and the following invasion of MCF-7 cells. These studies provide the molecular basis for designing a new lead drug for breast cancer based on the structure of resveratrol..
Publications (at most 7 publications in recent 5 years)
- Kuei-Yang Han, Pei-Ni Chen, Ming-Chian Hong, You-Cheng Hseu, Ke-Ming Chen, Li-Sung Hsu, Wei-Jen Chen* (2018). Naringenin Attenuated Prostate Cancer Invasion via Reversal of Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Inhibited uPA Activity. Anticancer Research. Vol. 38, pp. 6753-6758.
- Ddy Konelius, Hsin-Hua Li, Chiung-Huei Peng, Wei-Jen Chen, Yan-Zin Chang, Yi-Chao Bai, Stanley Liu, Chein-Ning Huang, and Chih-Li Lin* (2018). Liraglutide protects against glucolipotoxicity-induced RIN-m5F β-cell apoptosis through restoration of PDX1 expression. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. Vol. 23, pp. 619-629. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.13967.
- Ching-Chi Chang, Tzu-Chin Lin, Hsiao-Li Ho, Chien-Yin Kuo, Hsin-Hua Li, Tatiana A. Korolenko, Wei-Jen Chen, Te-Jen Lai, Ying-Jui Ho*, and Chih-Li Lin* (2018). GLP-1 Analogue Liraglutide Attenuates Mutant Huntingtin-Induced Neurotoxicity by Restoration of Neuronal Insulin Signaling. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. Vol. 19, pp. 2505-17. doi:10.3390/ijms19092505.
- Jie-Heng Tsai, Li-Sung Hsu, Hsiu-Chen Huang, Chih-Li Lin, Min-Hsiung Pan, Hui-Mei Hong, and Wei-Jen Chen* (2016). 1-(2-Hydroxy-5-methylphenyl)-3-phenyl-1,3-propanedione induces G1 cell cycle arrest and autophagy in HeLa cervical cancer cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. Vol. 17, pp. 1274-88. doi:10.3390/ijms17081274
- .James Cheng-Chung Wei, Hsiu-Chen Huang, Wei-Jen Chen, Chien-Ning Huang, Chiung-Huei Peng, and Chih-Li Lin* (2016). Epigallocatechin gallate attenuates amyloid β-induced inflammation and neurotoxicity in EOC 13.31 microglia. European Journal of Pharmacology. Vol. 770, pp. 16-24.
- Wai-Fai Tung, Wei-Jen Chen, Hui-Chih Hung, Guang-Yaw Liu, Jai-Nien Tung, Chien-Chih Huang, and Chih-Li Lin* (2015). 4-Phenylbutyric Acid (4-PBA) and Lithium cooperatively attenuate cell death during oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD) and reoxygenation. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology. Vol. 35, pp. 849-859.
- Cheng Huang, Yi Jing Chen, Wei-Jen Chen, Chih-Li Lin, Yu Xuan Wei, and Hsiu Chen Huang* (2015). Combined treatment with Chrysin and 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-Galloyl-β-D-Glucose synergistically inhibits LRP6 and Skp2 activation in triple-negative breast cancer and xenografts. Molecular Carcinogenesis. Vol. 54, pp. 1613-1625.