(Dr. Ting-Hui Lin)
Tel:(04)2473-0022 ext 11805;12310
Bachelor, National Taiwan University.
Ph.D., Penn State University.
Postdoctor, Ins.of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica.
Major Research Interests : Regulation of nitric oxide synthesis and gene expression in inflammatory disorders and tissue fibrosis by epigenetic mechanism.
Nitric oxide (NO) is a magic gas molecule critical to numerous biological processes, and acts an important host defense effector in the immune system. NO acts as a double-edged sword. NO produced by mammalian cells at an appropriate scale serves as a key signaling molecule in physiological processes; while excessive and unregulated NO synthesis has been implicated in pathophysiological conditions in human diseases, such as inflammatory disorders including glomerulonephritis (GN), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), arthritis and so forth. Nitric oxide is a fairly short-lived molecule (with a half-life of a few seconds) produced from enzymes known as nitric oxide synthase (NOS). The major research activities of Dr. Ting-Hui Lin’s lab in the past years were to investigate the regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) at transcriptional and post-translational levels in glomerular mesangial cells during glomerulonephritis and renal fibrosis.
Many of the physiological processes that are promoted by NO are mediated by the NO–cGMP signalling pathway. Moreover, NO signaling mediates physiolgocial functions by means of post--translational modification of proteins, mainly through S-nitrosylation of cysteine thiol residues. Therefore, NO also acts as a versatile epigenetic regulator. Epigenetics is defined as somatically heritable changes in gene activity and expression without alterations in the DNA sequences. The patterns of epigenetic modifications include DNA methylation, histone modifications, chromatin remodeling, and microRNAs. Epigenetics has become a central issue in many diseases during development and differentiation, or in response to environmental stimuli. The current research interests of Dr. Ting-Hui Lin’s lab are to investigate the epigenetic regulation of NO synthesis and gene expression during glomerulonephritis and renal fibrosis.
腎臟絲球體細胞中前列腺素E2抗拮劑對誘發型一氧化氮合成蛋白分解之影響(3/3) (國科會 96-2314-B-040-009-MY3)
腎臟絲球體細胞中前列腺素E2抗拮劑對誘發型一氧化氮合成蛋白分解之影響(2/3) (國科會 96-2314-B-040-009-MY3)
腎臟絲球體細胞中前列腺素E2抗拮劑對誘發型一氧化氮合成蛋白分解之影響(1/3) (國科會 96-2314-B-040-009-MY3)
蛋白質磷酸化對腎臟絲球體細胞中誘發型一氧化氮合成′〝宒梇惜妤敦Q (國科會 NSC 95-2314-B-040-040-)
血管收縮素訊息路徑及神經鏈基因表現在人類正常肺細胞及肺癌細胞之研究 (3/3) (國科會 NSC 93-2320-B-040-053)
血管收縮素訊息路徑及神經鏈基因表現在人類正常肺細胞及肺癌細胞之研究 (2/3) (國科會 NSC 92-2320-B-040-045)
血管收縮素訊息路徑及神經鏈基因表現在人類正常肺細胞及肺癌細胞之研究 (1/3) (國科會 NSC 91-2320-B-040-044)
腎臟腺甘酸環化脢的基因表現及其與腎G蛋白質受體之間的互動探討 (國科會 NSC 89-2320-B-040-066)
腺˙釋穭’b腎臟水份再吸收作用中扮演的角色 (國科會 NSC 89-2320-B-040-017)
1. Downregulation of connective tissue growth factor by LPS/IFN-γ-induced nitric oxide is reversed by aristolochic acid treatment in glomerular mesangial cells via STAT-1α and NF-κB signaling. Chemico-Biological Interactions 2014; 210, 86-95.
2. Suppression of prolactin signaling by pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate is alleviated by N-acetylcysteine in mammary epithelial cells. European Journal of Pharmacology 2014; 738, 301-309.
3. Gcse, a Novel Germ-Cell-Specific Gene, Is Differentially Expressed During Meiosis and Gametogenesis. Reproductive Sciences 2013; 20(10) 1193-1206.
4. The protective roles of phosphorylated heat shock protein
27 in human cells harboring myoclonus epilepsy with ragged-red fibers A 8344G mtDNA mutation. FEBS Journal 2012; 279, 2987–3001.
5. Secreted cyclophilin A induction during embryo implantation in a model of human trophoblast–endometrial epithelium interaction. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 2012; 164, 55–59.
6. Differential effects of LY294002 and wortmannin on inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in glomerular mesangial cells. International Immunopharmacology 2012; 12, 471-489.
7. The RhoA-Rok-myosin II pathway is involved in extracellular matrix-mediated
regulation of prolactin signaling in mammary epithelial cells. J. Cell. Physiol 2012; 227, 1553–1560.
8. Panax Notoginseng Attenuates Bleomycin-Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis in Mice. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011; Article ID 404761,doi:10.1155/2011/404761
9. Aristolochic acid I suppressed iNOS gene expression and NF-kB activation in stimulated macrophage cells. Toxicology Letters 2011; 202, 93-99.
10. The fungal metabolite, citrinin, inhibits lipopolysaccharide/interferon-γ-induced nitric oxide production in glomerular mesangial cells. International Immunopharmacology 2010; 10, 1608-1615.
11. AH23848 accelerates inducible nitric oxide synthase degradation through attenuation of cAMP signaling in glomerular mesangial cells. Nitric oxide: biology and chemistry 2008; 18, 93-104.
12. TGFb inhibits prolactin-induced expression of b-casein by a Smad-3 dependent mechanism. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 2008; 104, 1647-1659.
13. Contribution of conjugated linoleic acid to the suppression of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression and transcription factor activation in stimulated mouse mesangial cells. Food and Chemical Toxicology2006; 44, 409-416.
14. PGE2 enhances cytokine-elicited nitric oxide production in mouse cortical collecting duct cells. Nitric oxide: biology and chemistry 2005; 12, 150-158.
15. Contribution of Conjugated Linoleic Acid to the Suppression of Inflammatory Responses through the Regulation of the NF-KB Pathway. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 2004; 52, 71-78.
16. Protein Kinase C Inhibits Type VI Adenylyl Cyclase by Phosphorylating the Regulatory N Domain and Two Catalytic C1 and C2 Domains. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2002; 277, 15721–15728.
17. The N Terminus Domain of Type VI Adenylyl Cyclase Mediates Its Inhibition by Protein Kinase C. Molecular Pharmacology.1999; 56:644–650
- Chia-Ching Lin and Ting-Hui Lin PI3K inhibitor, LY294002, perturbs inducible nitric oxide synthase protein stability through reducing its dimer to monomer ratio in glomerular mesangial cells. The 12 th SCBA international symposium, June 14-18, 2009. 第十二屆美洲華人生物科學會 Poster # PB6-6.
- Ching-Ya Tseng and Ting-Hui Lin Tyrosine phosphorylation of inducible nitric oxide synthase mediates its protein stability but not its interaction with caveolin
-1 in glomerular mesangial cells 第二十四屆生物醫學聯合學術年會, 台北國防醫學院, 2009, March, 21-22. Poster #815.
- Jhih-Ying Chi, Yu-Wei Hsiao, and Ting-Hui Lin Aristolochic acid inhibits inducible nitric oxide synthase expression via attenuation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-1αactivation and P65 NF-κB nuclear translocation in glomerular mesangial cells第十七屆細胞及分子生物新知研討會, 墾丁冬令營, 2009, Feb, 11-13. Poster #32.
- Jhih-Ying Chi, Yu-Wei Hsiao, Chia-Ching Lin, Shu-Ching Hsu and Ting-Hui Lin Citrinin inhibits inducible nitric oxide synthase expression via attenuation of signal transducer and activator of transcription a-1 activation in glomerular mesangial cells.International Society for Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods (ISNFF), 2008, Nov. 14-17. Poster #5.
- Increased mRNA expression of endothelin-1 (ET-1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in the thyroid of patients with Graves Disease. Ting-Hui Lin, A.-C. Huang and C.-N. Huang In Nineteenth Joint Annual Conference of Biomedical Sciences
April 10-11, 2004. Taipei, , abstract P-515.
- Cyclic AMP enhances LPS-induced nitric oxide production and GEA-3162 inhibits PGE2-stimulated cAMP accumulation in cultured mesangial MES-13 cells. Yu-Shen Lin, An-Chung Huang, Chun-Hsu Cheng and Ting-Hui Lin. In Twelfth Symposium on Recent Advances in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
Feb. 2-4, 2004, Ken-Ding, , Poster No :4
- Type VI adenylyl cylcase is the target molecule for Ca+2-mediated inhibition of PGE2-stimulated cAMP accumulation in M-1 mouse CCD cells. Chun-Hsu Cheng, Yu-Shen Lin and Ting-Hui Lin. In Twelfth Symposium on Recent Advances in Cellular and Molecular Biology. Feb.2-4,
Ken-Ding, , Poster No :9.
- Cross-talk Between EP1 and EP4 Receptor Transduction Pathways in Mouse M-1 CCD cells. Ting-Hui Lin, Chun-Hsu Cheng1, Yu-Shen Lin. In Eleventh on Recent Advances in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
Jan. 20-22, 2003, Ken-Ding, , abstract P-051.
- Gene Expression of Adenylyl Cyclases in Mouse Cortical Collecting Ducts and their Interaction with G-protein Coupled Receptors. Ting-Hui Lin and Yin-Nan Lin. In Tenth Symposium on Recent Advances in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
Jan. 25-28, 2002, Ken-Ding, , abstract A-31.